(WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia – May 20, 2019) — As Memorial Day weekend approaches the country is especially mindful of the sacrifices veterans have made for the nation. Busch Gardens Williamsburg will extend their gratitude with an invitation to U.S. veterans and up to three guests to enjoy special moments together this summer with one FREE visit to the Williamsburg theme park. This free offer will be available for a limited time and only through ID.me. or at www.wavesofhonor.com.
We are pleased to continue our tradition of great summer memories for military families at Busch Gardens Williamsburg with the return of complimentary admission for veterans, said Kevin Lembke, president of Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA. As part of a strong military community, we are grateful and committed to providing special opportunities for those who serve and sacrifice for our country.
Veterans and their guests who visit Busch Gardens will be able to experience all the parks attractions, plus the all-new Finnegans Flyer Screamin Swing ride, the delicious Food & Wine Festival and Summer Nights featuring popular acts from the Americas and Britains Got Talent television series.
Veterans and their guests can look forward to these special happenings during this offer:
- FINNEGANS FLYER Finnegans Flyer, a new Screamin Swing ride at Busch Gardens, features two pendulum-like arms, seating 32 riders that fly progressively higher with each swing. Finnegans Flyer will reach a staggering height of more than 80 feet with a speed of 45 mph. Only the bravest will prevail.
- Food & Wine Festival (select days May 17 June 30) Park guests can unleash their inner foodie with over 60 specialty food items from around the world, 30 different wines, 25 craft beers and 20 unique cocktails not normally served at the park. New savory tastes will include Jamaica, Mexico, Philippines and Italy.
- Fireworks The park will commemorate the Memorial Day and July Fourth holidays with fireworks on May 25 and 26, and July 3, 4 and 5. After a day of play at the worlds most beautiful theme park, park guests can stay and watch the night sky light up.
- Summer Nights (June 28 Aug 11) Busch Gardens becomes a cooler place after dark during Summer Nights. Special entertainment, culinary experiences and a fun nighttime atmosphere will give guests a new reason to visit during summer evenings. The Royal Palace Theatre lights up with Spark presented by Coca-Cola, a high-energy spectacle featuring party-starters, laser lights, pyrotechnics and a custom soundtrack created by award winning musicians. And to add to the fun of Summer Nights, acts from the hit show Americas and Britains Got Talent will take the stage every week during the summertime event. Acts like Light Balance, and Boogie Storm are scheduled to appear in the parks Globe Theatre.
In addition to the one-time free admission for veterans and their family, Busch Gardens is extending great deals to their other park products including:
- $10 off All Day Dine with non-alcoholic beverages
- 50 percent off select Quick Queue products
- 50 percent off Animal Tours
These special offers can only be purchased through ID.me.
Veterans must process their complimentary single-day ticket(s) online at www.WavesofHonor.com. The offer is available online only and is not available at the parks ticket windows. Veterans and their guests can re deem their one visit anytime between May 20 and July 15. Blockout dates apply for Busch Gardens Williamsburg on June 15, 29 and July 13.
Since its launch in 2005, more than 10 million guests – active duty military members, veterans and their families – have enjoyed SeaWorld parks for free through the Waves of Honor program.