The Department of Parks, Recreation and Leisure Services is sponsoring “Echoes of Joy” – A Day of Caring and Sharing for Our Homeless or Disadvantaged – on Saturday, January 30th, from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Neighborhood Facility Recreation Center, 900 Elm Ave.
The following donations from the public would be greatly appreciated and helpful in providing needed items to individuals:
– Large and small portions of food for holiday style meals
– Food for take-home lunches such as crackers, chips, sandwich meat, juice boxes, fruit, etc.
– Gently used clothing, especially warm outer wear such as coats, hats, scarves, gloves, socks, and shoes
– Clothing items to accommodate larger-sized men
– New underwear and new long/thermal underwear
Individuals who would like to donate items that will be distributed to those in need may bring them to Neighborhood Facility Recreation Center between the hours of 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. beginning Tuesday, January 19th, through, Friday, January 29th. There are special instructions for donating cooked and prepared foods for the event. Please contact Vivian Franks for more information at 393-8481 or 717-8672.
Please visit www.portsmouthva.gov for more information.