– Portsmouth City Offices will be closed on Thursday, September 13th.
– As part of the Hurricane Florence weather system, a Tropical Storm
Watch is currently in effect for Hampton Roads and the City of Portsmouth
which is expected to bring heavy rains, flooding, tidal flooding, and high
winds and gusts. Citizens are urged to remain vigilant in your storm
preparations, maintain situational awareness, and please stay informed.
– The City of Portsmouth opened three emergency shelters today,
September 12th. The emergency shelters are:
* Churchland Middle School, 4051 River Shore Road, – up to two pets
allowed. Pets may be dogs or cats, only.
* I.C. Norcom High School, 1801 London Boulevard., medical needs
* Woodrow Wilson High School, 1401 Elmhurst Lane
– Portsmouth City Garages are open for residents to relocate their
vehicles from low-lying areas. The City Garages are County Street, Harbor
Court, Middle Street, and Water Street. Vehicles may remain in unreserved
spaces until City Offices resume normal operations.
– The Emergency Operations Center telephone number for citizens to
call with storm-related questions, concerns, or reports is 393-5001.