NEW YORK — The Toronto Raptors’ Kyle Lowry and the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry today were named NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Feb. 22 through Sunday, Feb. 28.
Lowry led the Raptors to a 3-1 week (3-0 in games in which he appeared) behind averages of 28.7 points (first in the Eastern Conference), 8.7 assists (tied-second in the conference) and 6.3 rebounds. Lowry recorded a triple-double with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists during a 122-95 win against the New York Knicks on Feb. 22. He closed his week by hitting the game-winning shot as part of a 43-point performance in a 99-97 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Feb. 26.
Curry led the Warriors to a 4-0 week behind a league-leading 43.8 points, producing games of 36, 42, 51 and 46 points. He made at least five three-point field goals in each contest, including two games with 10 or more threes, and shot 61.1 percent (33-of-54) from long distance. On Feb. 27, Curry capped his 46-point outing by making the game-winning three-pointer with 0.6 seconds left in overtime as the Warriors beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 121-118. He finished with 12 threes, tying an NBA single-game record.
Here is a recap of the week for Lowry and Curry:
Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors
- Feb. 22 @ New York: Recorded a triple-double with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists during a 122-95 win over the Knicks.
- Feb. 24 vs. Minnesota: Tallied 21 points, six assists and three rebounds in a 114-105 win over the Timberwolves.
- Feb. 26 vs. Cleveland: Scored 43 points and added nine assists, five rebounds and four steals during a 99-97 win over the Cavaliers.
Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- Feb. 22 @ Atlanta: Scored 36 points and added eight assists and six rebounds during a 102-92 win over the Hawks. ?
- Feb. 24 @ Miami: Posted 42 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in a 118-112 win against the Heat.
- Feb. 25 @ Orlando: Made 20-of-27 field goals, including 10-of-15 from deep, en route to 51 points during a 130-114 win over the Magic.
- Feb. 27 @ Oklahoma City: Scored 46 points, including 12-of-16 on threes, and had six assists in a 121-118 overtime win over the Thunder.
Other nominees for the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Atlanta’s Al Horford, Detroit’s Reggie Jackson, Portland’s Damian Lillard, San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard and Washington’s John Wall.