Portsmouth Lane Closures
The Department of Engineering announces the following lane closures and reminders:
– The intersection of Watts Avenue and Azalea Avenue will be closed on Saturday, April 3rd, from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic during emergency road repair work of the Department of Public Works.
– The inside lane of westbound Portsmouth Boulevard, between Deep Creek Boulevard and Dahlia Street, will be closed until Monday, April 5th, from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. The lane closure is during sewer connection work.
– Northbound Middle Street, between High Street and Queen Street, will be closed from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily until Friday, April 30th, during work by Dominion Energy.
– The intersection of Palmer Street and Des Moines Avenue will be closed on Monday, April 5th, from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic during work of the Department of Public Works.
– The intersection of Palmer Street and Charleston Avenue will be closed on Monday, April 5th, from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic during work of the Department of Public Works.
– Jefferson Street, between Effingham Street and Eighth Street, will be closed on Tuesday, April 6th, from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic during work of the Department of Public Utilities.
For more information, call the Department of Engineering at 393-8592.
Important Reminder: Appointments and invitations are required for the Community Vaccination Center at the Portsmouth Sportsplex and at the FEMA site in Norfolk at Military Circle Mall. No walk-ups/No walk-ins.
To pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine, visit vaccinate.virginia.gov or call 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682). Additional languages are available and TTY users should call 7-1-1.
April 2, 2021
DriveERT WEEKLY LANE CLOSURE SCHEDULE
From Friday, April 2 to Friday, April 9
Below is a list of significant tunnel/lane closures for the Elizabeth River Crossings (ERC) facilities. All work is dependent upon weather conditions and closure dates are subject to change. For updates, follow us on Twitter @DriveERT.
US 58 East Midtown Tunnel: Alternating lane closures in the Midtown Tunnel eastbound on Tuesday, April 6; Wednesday, April 7 and Thursday, April 8 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
US 58 East Midtown Tunnel: Full closure in the Midtown Tunnel eastbound on Sunday, April 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 a.m. the following morning.
VA 164 West: Left lane closure on VA 164 West from London Blvd. to W. Norfolk Rd on Wednesday, April 7, Thursday, April 8 and Friday, April 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) encourages motorists to “Know Before You Go” and plan your trip with free tools:
• Download the 511 smartphone app
• Visit the 511 Virginia website or dial 511 for traffic information on your phone
|HAMPTON ROADS CLOSURES ON WATER CROSSINGS, INTERSTATES AND OTHER NOTABLE DETOURS|
For the week of April 4-10
|NOTE: This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.|
*Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.*
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.
Bridges & Tunnels:
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
· Alternating, single-lane closures eastbound on April 6-8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Single-lane closure westbound on April 6-8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
HRBT Expansion Project:
· For lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown Tunnels):
· Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
|I-64, Newport News:|
· Full closure of the I-64 east collector-distributor lanes near Jefferson Avenue (exit 255) on April 6-8 from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
I-64 Widening Segment III Project, York County:
· Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as needed April 6-8, starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Lane closures under flagger control on Rochambeau Drive at Bruton High School April 7-9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Lane closures under flagger control on Lakeshead Drive at the I-64 overpasses on April 6 from noon to 4 p.m. and April 7-9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Lane closures under flagger control on Fenton Mill Road west of Route 199 on April 6 from noon to 4 p.m.
· A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on the existing Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound traffic on Route 199 follow detour signage in place directing motorists to a new temporary median crossover to access the Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
· A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
I-64 Express Lanes, Norfolk:
· Full closure of the I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on:
· April 6-7 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
· April 8 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
I-64, Southside Widening, High Rise Bridge Expansion:
For a full list of on-going traffic impacts and lane closures, visit the project traffic alerts page: 64highrise.org/news_and_traffic_alerts/lane_closures.asp
· Alternating, single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway (exit 297) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289):
· April 6-8 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· April 9 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
· April 10 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
· April 11 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
|I-64 / I-264 Interchange Improvements Project, Norfolk/Virginia Beach:|
· Single-lane closure on I-64 east at the I-264 interchange on April 6-10 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Ongoing, consecutive right shoulder closure on I-264 east at the overpass just before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
· Alternating, nighttime, single-lane closures on northbound Witchduck Road at the I-264 overpass. Click here for the full traffic alert: conta.cc/31p8HKt
· Alternating, multi-lane closures of I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on April 6-8 from as early as 7 p.m. to as late as 5 a.m., with two or more lanes closed no earlier than 9 p.m.
· Multi-lane, progressive lane closures on I-264 in both directions beginning April 9, as well as brief, intermittent slow rolls with stoppages of up to 20 minutes in both directions of I-264. Click here for the full traffic alert: https://conta.cc/3sNFZif
· Full closure of the off ramp from I-95 north to Route 58 east (exit 11A) on April 8 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.